Some (Favorite) Things from the Week (2.11.18)

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Okay, so I am way, way behind on writing up some of my favorite things from the week (not just from this past week, but from the week before too!). Welcome to my life right now. Things feel crazy...I feel like I am getting nothing done, but I also feel like I don't stop running around doing stuff. I can't explain it...it's just an imperfect time right now. So here I am, writing about the week that is now almost two weeks old. But it's okay because life is imperfect. Beautifully imperfect.

So, here are some of my favorite things from the week (two weeks ago!):

Some links that caught my attention...

How to Procrastinate (This made me laugh...especially "The Monster with the 15 tabs open." Truth be told, I just counted the number of tabs open in my current window, and I counted 31. Never mind the fact that I also have four other browser windows open - with additional tabs open within each window.)

Self-Knowledge Can Help You Strengthen Your Romantic Relationships (I love Gretchen Rubin's The Four Tendencies. Have you taken the quiz? I'm a Questioner.)

This Architect Couple Lives in a Spaceship (I never thought a spaceship would be such a gorgeous inspiration for interior design.)

They Did What? 7 Fascinating Facts About Birth Through History (This was a pretty interesting read...especially the part about the pregnancy tests in Ancient Egypt.)

Science Shows there is a Baby Boom after Valentine's Day (This is sort of funny and surprised me...although I guess it shouldn't have!).

What Your Meyer-Briggs Type Says About Your Bedtime Routine (I found this from Modern Mrs. Darcy, and I just love anything personality related. I'm an INFP by the way.)

Some Instagram Posts I love...

This is just lovely.

This is too cute. 

This is a great reminder.

I wish my bullet journal looked like this. 

I am in love with this Jane Austen collection.

I am currently reading this edition of Pride and Prejudice.

I love everything about this.

My dream bedroom.

Some Instagram posts from The Happy Imperfectionist...

Our valentine cards for the teachers in our lives. 

Two books I can't wait to read.

Some new discoveries during a trip to the bookstore.

My favorite Happy Imperfectionist photo from the week. (You can tell spring is on its way! I also used a similar picture for this blog post because I loved it so much. It was one of those beautiful winter days that you just want to tuck away in your memory.)

Some things I've been listening to...

I mentioned here how much I love the By the Book podcast. Last week, I listened to The Five Love Languages, which prompted me (and my husband) to take the Five Love Languages Quiz, which I briefly discussed here.

I also mentioned here how much I love Modern Mrs. Darcy's What Should I Read Next? podcast. Last week I listened to Literary Fiction Over US Weekly. It was a great episode (but, of course, they are are great episodes!).

Some things that I am reading...

Because of the What Should I Read Next? podcast episode I mentioned above, I found another blog that I love: Reading Brings Joy.

I also found the The Bluestocking Bookshelf blog, and after spending some time here, I fell head over heels for these beautiful editions of Jane Austen novels. I also love these paperback editions as well (and spoiler alert...I just ordered this one this week...I'm so excited!). You can also find pictures of these editions above under my favorite Instagram posts. I am a little obsessed with these pretty books.

Some books that I am reading...

I am still reading the seven books that I wrote about here and here. I am getting to the end in quite a few, and a box of new books just arrived this week, so I will hopefully be adding to this list soon.

Something (else) I want to read...

My TBR list just keeps growing, but another book that I want to read (and also just ordered and Instagrammed as you can see above) is Ali Smith's Winter. I also want to read her first book in this seasonal quartet series (Autumn), but because we are still in winter, I find it fitting to start with this one.

Something I learned...

Right now, it seems so easy to get myself into a mental funk...especially after some hard times and not to mention that the winter months can just be isolating in general. Simplicity is something I have been striving for in many areas of my life, but I am realizing that it may also be the key for helping me to achieve inner peace and joy. I'm not just talking about physical clutter...I'm talking about seeing things as they are rather than attaching personal meanings to a situation. Adding a layer of subjective interpretation, which may not even be true, can cause hurt, pain, and misunderstanding and can hinder connection with others and strain relationships. I want to practice accepting things and people just as they are and to stop spinning my own stories about why people do what they do.

***

And that's a wrap from this week (two weeks ago!). Stay tuned for another post to wrap up this past week!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.