Some Things from the Rest of February (2.18)

Thursday, March 15, 2018

It should come as no shock that now that we are starting our third week in March, I am still wrapping up "some things" from February. So, even though it is late...here are some of my favorite things from the last two weeks in February:

Some links that caught my attention...

My Solo Bedtime Routine With My Kids (This is helpful, but it reminded me how unorganized I am...and I have only one child! Obviously, I am not the greatest with routines.)

20 Phrases to Use When Your Child Isn't Listening (There are some great ideas here - I personally love the "We are on cheetah time!" because I feel like am always saying, "Hurry, hurry!")

A Question I'm Often Asked: What's My Process for Taking Notes (This is such an interesting read! After reading several books by Gretchen Rubin, it was fun to read about her note-taking process.)

Is it Okay to End A Sentence with a Preposition? (This was fun and helpful as I often find myself trying to change a sentence that naturally ends in a preposition. It's good to know that this rule can sometimes be broken. I also laughed out loud when I read about grammar in Western Pennsylvania because I know--and LOVE--the area all to well.)

Awareness: The Primary Principle of Spirituality (Practicing presence and awareness is so hard...but I am determined to keep at it!)

What I Learned from Living with All-White Walls for a Whole Year (I love this idea, but I'm not sure that I could actually do this in my house. P.S. Her library is AMAZING.)

A Happy Heart (This made me happy.)

Some Instagram Posts I love...

I wish my bookshelves looked like this.

I would love to get my daughter this dollhouse.

This is why I love #bookstagram. 

I love this for so many reasons...and this is my daughter's dream dog.

I just added this book to my TBR list.

This is dreamy.

This is a beautiful reminder.

I need to remember this.

Some Instagram Posts from The Happy Imperfectionist...

Winter sunrises are beautiful.

In honor of Dr. Seuss's Birthday...

This was the most liked post.

This is my favorite Happy Imperfectionist Post.

What I've been listening to...

I mentioned here (once again) how much I enjoy listening to the podcasts What Should I Read Next and By the Book. Well, in Episode 121 of What Should I Read Next, Anne's guests were the hosts of By the Book. How fun it was to have some of my favorite podcasters all together in the same episode!

Some books that I am reading now...

In February, I was still plugging away at the seven books I discussed here and here. However, there will be updates for March (finally!), so stay tuned!

Something I want to read...

There are SO many books on my TBR list, but here is the one on my mind right now: The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown. This seems like the perfect read for me considering my goal of embracing imperfection (no pun intended).

Something I learned...

There will be hard days and setbacks. Of course, I already knew this, but what I learned is that I need to be kind to myself during these moments and allow myself to work through what I am feeling. The start of this new year has been tough and some days are wonderful and some days are just plain awful. That is life. Some days, I am able to feel gratitude for what I have throughout the entire day, and other days I have to keep reminding myself of all that I have (and I have so much). Some days, I feel so connected with the people I hold close, and other days I feel so isolated and alone. No matter what the day is like, I must let myself feel what I feel and be gentle and kind to myself. Not all days will be easy, but these days - the good and the bad - are the days that make up my life. I must embrace them all and let them teach me what I need to learn in order to grow.

I wrote more about what I learned this past month in the post What I Learned in February.

***

And that's a wrap from the last two weeks of February!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.